REPENTANCE GUIDELINES FOR DAY 16:
We are using the book by Sandie Freed – Conquering The Antichrist Spirit* as a guideline and for informational purposes.
“As the children of Israel wandered the desert they did not allow the Lord to perfect them. They lost vision and their passion for God, and doubt and unbelief contained them in the wilderness. Only three days after crossing the Red Sea, they had already forgotten God’s promises of provision and were wishing they were back in Egypt (bondage and slavery). This group would never enter the promised land and would die in the wilderness” (page 74)
“This proves there was no true conception of God’s promise in them. Israel perceived with natural eyes, but through the dark seasons of testing they did not remember God’s promises and His faithfulness, thus they aborted their destiny and died in the wilderness. No true conception of the future took place.” (page 74)
“If we have left our first love, then we must run back to Him now! When we go through the dark seasons and still remember the faithfulness of God, then we can fully conceive our destiny and all God has promised us.” (page 75)
“The Antichrist desires that our love for God waxes cold and we faint out of exhaustion from dead works, rather than from love. Far too often we serve God only out of religious duty rather than godly passion. This pleases the Antichrist; it is what he longs for. If we serve God only from a legalistic set of rules, no true conception occurs and we are not a threat to the kingdom of darkness. Furthermore, without passion we become vulnerable prey to the Antichrist. Lack of passion leads to spiritual adultery. If we grow cold in our love for Him then Satan’s demonic structure becomes a stronghold in our lives.” (page 75-76)
We repenting for the following for us individually, in our generations, as representation of the Church of Christ and as this nation.
- We repent for allowing our situations to become all our eyes can focus on
- We allowed our circumstances to dictate our vision and our dna became bent from the circumstances instead of allowing Christ to perfect us in His image
- We lost our first love and passion
- We aborted our destiny
- We refused to become pregnant with Christ’s purposes – no conception
- We were unfaithful in the dark seasons of testing in our lives
- We became enveloped in the works of flesh rather than works of His Spirit
- We repent for serving god out of religious duty instead of godly passion
- We repent for spiritual adultery
- Allowing demonic structures to become strongholds in our lives
We are crying out to God for mercy and cleansing and resetting us back into a fiery passionate love for Him.
Let us turn to Mark 12:30 and 1 John 4:19
*Conquering The Antichrist Spirit, Sandie Freed, Chosen Books a division of Baker Publishing Group