REPENTANCE GUIDELINES FOR DAY 34:
We are using the book by Sandie Freed – Conquering The Antichrist Spirit* as a guideline and for informational purposes.
Wilderness of Paran:
“Genesis 21 says that Ishmael grew up in the wilderness of Paran. The Hebrew name Paran translates as “to embellish, to boast, beautify, boast self, self-glory and to vaunt self. Again, Ishamel represents pride and the works of the flesh which are inherently self-gratifying, we are never fulfilled. The wilderness of Paran, then, represents chronic dissatisfaction which is bondage. It symbolizes a demonic spirit that works relentlessly to seduce us into selfish desires, selfish ambition and building our own kingdoms.”* (page 151)
We repenting for ourselves, the church and this nation:
- Being content to remain in Paran.
- Blaming God for all our dissatisfaction with our lives
- Blaming others for being our own failures and places in our lives of being dissatisfied
- Pride and arrogance
- All the trading we have done with a demonic spirit / seducing spirit (i.e. the benefits and gifts we received which have not given life because the source of the spiritual gifts and benefits were wrong).
- Selfish ambition
- Building our own kingdom
- We are turning to God and asking Him to heal us and bring us out of this desert – but then we will probably be leaning on Him – having been broken of our own wisdom and pride.
*Conquering The Antichrist Spirit, Sandie Freed, Chosen Books a division of Baker Publishing Group