We are working through scriptures and repenting for the iniquity and wickedness formed in us through all the ages. The iniquity empowers an ungodly antichrist system to operate and as we repenting, we are taking responsibility for the sin, transgression and iniquity as individuals, as families, generationally, as the nation and as the Body of Christ.
PART 3 – NUMBER 10:
Excerpts from the book “Spirit of Python” by Jentezen Franklin ISBN978-1-62136-220-3.
Page 41 “It’s time for a Climate Change! I have heard it said that Christians are not to be spiritual thermometers but spiritual thermostats. In other words, you are not merely supposed to detect the spiritual climate as a thermometer detects the existing temperature in a room; you are to change it, imposing the authority of the kingdom of God wherever you go. How do you usher in a climate change. Start by changing the atmosphere”
Page 45 “Giving some ‘how-to’ instruction to the Ephesian church, Paul wrote, “ You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness” Eph 4:22-24 NIV.”
“First, put off the old way of life. Second, renew your mind and put on your new self. In talking about the old self, Paul mentions lust, impurity, falsehood, lying, anger, bitterness, stealing, unwholesome talk, rage, brawling, slander and every form of malice. But notice in the midst of that list he states the third step : ‘Do not give the devil a foothold’ (v.27 Niv). If you have ever been rock climbing or indoor climbing, you know that a foothold doesn’t have to be very big. It can be just a little bump, even a small crevice. As long as it is something that you can wedge the edge of your big toe and ball of your foot against, you can use it to push yourself up to higher ground. The devil looks for footholds in a believer’s life because he knows that we have been given the victory in Christ, but when we give way to him and allow a foothold, we give away that victory. All the things Paul associated with your old self will act as footholds for the devil to gain ground, gain access and gain power in your life.
Ephes 4:22-24 KJV That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
- To put off is to lay aside, separate yourself, separate from the origin
- Conversation, manner of life, conduct, . (I recommend Ap, Natasha’s teaching regarding the ‘conversation and laying aside or putting off)
- Corrupt, defiled, depraved
- Deceitful, delusion, cheat, beguile, seduce
- Renew, refresh, renovate, repair, make anew, rebuild
Scriptures to meditate on: Psalm 51:10; Lamentations 5:21; 2 Corinthians 4:16; Ephesians 4:22-24; Colossians 3:10
- Repent for wanting benefits, power, giftings, anointings from any source including God. This builds a ungodly kingdom in us which then establishes strongholds for the antifichrist generationally
- Repent for not wanting the processes of renewing our minds, being transformed and giving up the old man. We did not want to lay anything aside which made us feel good or happy.
- Ask the Lord to help us to remove the footholds given over the enemy generationally which has allowed an antichrist system to establish itself against God in the nations and generations.
- Ask the Lord to remove the roots of the footholds in each of us individually and be willing to repent and to engage in processes of God to bring about sustained change.