REPENTANCE GUIDELINES FOR DAY 12:
We are using the book by Sandie Freed – Conquering The Antichrist Spirit* as a guideline and for informational purposes. (page 209)
“God has a ‘sniff test’. We must pass God’s sniff test. A counterfeit fragrance will not suffice – and God has a nose to sniff out what is false in our lives! He is real and as always the devil is the counterfeiter. A cheap, counterfeit fragrance will not be sufficient to get us out of the wilderness. The scripture on Song of Solomon indicates that all three fragrances, smoke, myrrh and frankincense are needed to pass God’s sniff test. We must endure a process, then, in order to develop the fragrance of His Bride who comes out of the wilderness.” Excerpt from page 67 of Conquering The Antichrist Spirit* by Sandie Freed.
The smoke represents the refiner’s fire
Read: Malachi 3:3
- We repent for working with strange fires of the antichrist and all other principalities. For raising a false intercession and building a false church.
- We repent for not wanting to allow God’s fire to purify us
- Coming before God with a false counterfeit fragrance and expecting Him to bless us.
- We strip ourselves of the counterfeit and ask for His fire to burn every fragrance off us which does not please Him.
Myrrh is bitter to taste but has a lovely fragrance. Myrrh has to do with dying to self, also to move beyond the bitterness and trauma and to choose to overcome the bitterness and turn it into a fragrance of the overcoming nature of Christ in us which becomes a testimony before God. Myrrh is also used to cleanse the priesthood.
- For only wanting sweet words.
- Not wanting to die to our desires, not wanting to lay down our lives for purposes of Christ
- Refusing to overcome bitterness, anger, unforgiveness.
- Allowing the antichrist to develop a fragrance in us within the body of Christ which has defiled many through our unforgiveness.
We ask the Lord to cleanse us and grant a fresh anointing on our lives while allowing Christ to purify and cleanse us of all unrighteousness.
Frankincense has a beautiful fragrance and speaks of holiness and purity.
We repent for:
- Frankincense sap is harvested the next day after the tree has been pierced at night. We repent for anger against God for all the piercings and times of bleeding in our lives.
- For all the murmurings and mutterings in our hearts during those times of trauma.
- Extracting of a counterfeit sap from our lives for the purposes of the antichrist – we repent for giving him this fragrance.
May God have mercy on us as we give all these places into the hands of Christ and ask Him to bring forth His fragrance out of us.
*Conquering The Antichrist Spirit, Sandie Freed, Chosen Books a division of Baker Publishing Group